MediNova (formerly known as NOAH NY) will provide volunteers with a t-shirt, and a MediNova NY ID for those that have never received one. If you’ve traveled with us in the past, we recommend that you please bring your MediNova NY ID and T-shirts from prior mission. If you’ve misplaced or lost your ID, a new one can be issued for the cost of $19. If you need a replacement ID, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to the MediNova NY t-shirt that will be provided, we also recommend that you bring white t-shirts, and scrubs to wear every day while you work.
ONLY ONE CHECKED BAG PLEASE!
If traveling from NYC, we recommend that you only bring one carry-on luggage because the organization transports supplies and would like to take advantage of your permitted bag/weight.
Suggested packing list- Please see the packing list below for your reference.
- Waist wallet (to hold passport and money)
- Small back pack/fanny pack
- Hand sanitizer and wipes
- Flashlight or head lamp
- Camera and camera charger
- Phone and phone charger (battery operated, if you have one)
- Gatorade powder packets
- Toilet paper
- Baby wipes – unscented
- Towel (the quick drying kind if possible)
- Wash cloth
- Toiletries (i.e. soap, toothbrush, toothpaste etc)
- Shower flip flops
- Travel size first aid kit
- Sunblock: STRONGLY suggest SPF 15 pr higher! Especially as one side effect of some antimalarials is increased sun sensitivity.
- Mosquito repellent or CVS repellent bracelets (yellow)
- Benadryl cream or clear capsules
- Imodium, Lomotil, Probiotics by Jarrow (just in case)
- Pain killer (i.e. Aleve, Tylenol, Motrin)
- Anti malaria drugs
- Pair of scrubs for each day (medical volunteers)
A pair of pants/ capris/scrubs for each day, anything light weight (a t-shirt will be given to you for every day) or definitely your white t-shirt, or a lightweight safari/camping vest.
- Comfortable sneakers and/or sandals (you will be on your feet for most of the day)
- Rain jacket
- Bathing suit (just in case)
- Daily dinner nicer outfits
- Small bills
- Travel alarm clock & watch
- Snacks (i.e. granola bars, crackers, tuna, cereal, nuts, dried fruit, hard candy
- Swiss army knife (optional; must go in your checked luggage only, not your carry-on